Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Little Bit


This happened well over a month ago! 
I have been terrible about keeping this blog current lately!
I think it's because Emeri no longer takes naps so I don't have those few hours by myself every afternoon where I can blog and clean! Those few hours made a huge difference! 
I'm currently morning the lost of nap time! It's been a rough adjustment on me! 
AND it was several months ago that she stopped napping! 
Not to mention that every time I get my computer out Emeri starts acting out! I think she hates it when I'm on my computer and not giving her ALL of my attention! I don't blame her! 
Need less to say I'm trying to find a good time to blog since out schedules have changed!
Anywho...

Emeri got here ears pierced! : ) 
This is how it happened...

I would have got Emeri's ears pierced when she was a baby, but Braeden was very against it! He feels that hurting your baby for cosmetic reasons is very unnecessary so he wanted to wait until we could explain to her what was going to happen and she understood! My sisters and I all got our ears pierced for our third birthdays, so that's what we were planning on doing with Emeri! BUT we were walking though the mall on our way to get some new running shoes and walked passed Claire's!  I jokingly asked Braeden if we should get Emeri's ears pierced and to my surprise he concidered it! Every other time I ever mentioned it he would look at me like I was crazy! 
So we went in and asked our questions and asked Emeri if she wanted pretty earrings like Mom and of course she did! We explained to her that it was going to hurt a little bit like a shot, but it would only hurt for a second and then it would feel all better and she was still good to do it! I thought if I mentioned it was going to hurt like a shot she would back out, but she was still a go! : ) 
She picked out turquoise studs because turquoise is her favorite color! (You should hear her say turquoise it's adorable!) They are also her birthstone so that worked out great! 

Waiting to get started! She got lost of suckers before and after because she kept taking them from the bucket! haha


Getting her ears marked!


Patiently waiting for the both people to be available so they could do both ears at once!  

Ready... Aim... 

After a few loves from mom and realizing that it no longer hurt she was good to go!

She was so brave and only cried for a minute and then kept telling us, "It only hurt a little bit!"
She's too cute!
We of course had to go get ice cream afterwards because she did so brave! : ) 


Since she got them done we haven't had any problems and NO she doesn't play with them! We did give her Tylenol the first night to help her sleep because they were a little sore, but other than that the only other time they bother her is when her shirts get stuck on them when she's getting dressed or undressed! 
If you're thinking about getting your little one's ears pierced spend the extra money and get the gold studs! Emeri hasn't had any problems with her ears and I have heard too many bad stories about little girls getting their ears pierced with the other kind of metal studs and having problems for weeks or even months!

Emeri's one tough little cookie! But we already knew that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment