Friday, November 23, 2012

Great Weekend

Before I start blogging about Thanksgiving weekend I must blog about last weekend first because it was a great one! : ) However it was a great weekend without any pictures : ( shame on me!

But this is what went down!

Thursday Grandma Janet (Braeden's Grandma) was in town so Emeri, Kyler, and I went and spent the day with her! It was Kyler's first time meeting Grandma Janet! So exciting! We just hung out and it was fabulous I was so not in the mood to go anywhere! Kyler was having a rough day with his sensitive tummy so Grandma helped me a lot with him and he gave her lots of good snuggles when he wasn't having a hard moment! Emeri played lots of games with Grandma on her ipad, built towers with her with the blocks, and did lots of showing off! (as usual) And Grandma and I did a lot of talking! I know she's Braeden's Grandma but I sure love her a lot and love talking to her about everything! She gives great advice!

On Friday Braeden, Emeri, and I went to The Music Man at Taylorsville High School while Kyler hung out with my mom for the night! Toren played Harold Hill (the leading role) and did a FABULOUS job! This kid is so talented! We have such a great time going and seeing him perform his many talents! 
He also has a fun blog if you want to go check it out here!
The other fun thing about going to his play was seeing Emeri run around the halls of the High School Braeden and I met at! It was pretty surreal thinking about the whole thing! Who would have thought Braeden and I would grow up, get married, and have little kiddos running around? Well I did! BUT it's still pretty crazy to think about it all starting when I was 15 and Braeden was 16!

On Saturday my nephew Ethan go baptized! It's crazy that he is 8! Time flies! It was such a special day! I loved seeing him dressed in all white and making such special covenants with his Heavenly Father! 
So proud of him! 
It was also the first Baptism that Emeri has seen and it's pretty crazy how much see understood! Since then she found a picture of Jon The Baptist baptizing Jesus in one of her "Jesus books", she brought it to me and told me that Jesus was getting baptized and that she wants her daddy to baptize her! (of course in fewer words but you could easily follow her train of thought)
 Seriously? She understood that much from just seeing one person get baptized and discussing with Braeden what happened?
 Kids minds are incredible! 
After the Baptism we had a great brunch with all the family and Emeri loved running around with the cousins!

Then to finish off the weekend we had Thanksgiving dinner #1 at Kathy's on Sunday! 
It doesn't get much better than yummy food and great company! 

Such a great weekend that needed to be documented! : ) 
I love my family! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm glad you guys enjoyed the performance. It's been a blast spending time with you and your family this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete