Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mother's Day! (I know this is well over due!)

May is a very busy month for us because Braeden and I both have birthdays in May! And might I add, they are only 4 days apart so we pretty much have a birthday week at our house for the two of us! Along with birthdays its also mother's day so the gift giving and expressing of love is never ending! : )

For mother's day Braeden and Emeri took me to my favorite restaurant Ruby River and we had a wonderful  steak dinner! On our way there Braeden surprised me with 2 roses-one from him and one from Emeri! They were the coolest color roses I have ever seen! They were a mix of orange and pink I loved them! The fact that Braeden was able to surprise me with something was an accomplishment! I'm the worst at guessing and ruining surprises! Braeden some how got the flowers and put them on the seat of the car without me knowing or finding out and when we went to leave for dinner he opened my door and there they were! I was honestly surprised and it was a good feeling! I think from now on I will stop trying to guess my presents and ruining the surprise, it's better that way! 

While we were at Ruby River Emeri was so cute she sat in a high chair (with three blankets so it was her size) and was content just playing with her toys and staring down the server! : ) She gives the best dirty looks! I wasn't sure if she would last the whole time, but she did, and was fantastic! I couldn't ask for a better baby! I'm so lucky to be her mom!


And to my mom... I love you dearly and I'm so lucky to have such a fabulous mother who will give everything she has so her kids can have what they need! She is such a wonderful example to me of what a mother should be and I strive to have her selfless attitude! 
Heres a few things I admire/love about my mom:
  • She would rather buy her kids new jeans then buy herself new jeans even if every pair of hers have holes in the knees! 
  • She never wears makeup! And she doesn't need it! She is beautiful! 
  • Whenever I'm sick I still want my mom!
  • She's always the loudest (I mean loudest) in the stands at all her kids sporting events!
  • I love her homemade chicken noodle soup!
  • She is the hardest working mom I know! (She works two jobs, goes to school more than full time, and is still the best mom and grandma!)
  • She makes school a thousand times harder then it needs to be because she wont settle for anything less than perfection! (I shake my head at her for this, but I also love her for it!)
  • She's always thinking of others!
  • She respects your privacy! (If she ever found a note in my jeans she never read it. She would bring it to us or put it in our room! I don't know if I could do this I like reading notes! : )
  • You can talk to her about anything in confidence!
  • She hates asking for help, but she can!
  • She sticks her tongue out when she concentrates! :)
  • She doesn't care what other people think of her!
  • If a cashier ever gave her too much or charged her too little she will go back to fix it!
  • She always returns her shopping cart! : ) 
  • She's a convert to the church and has a great testimony!
  • She loves her family and fought hard to save it!
  • She talks to herself! :)
  • She is very creative and I wish I could come up with half the good teaching ideas that she does!
  • I never have to worry about her talking about me with one of my sisters be hind my back! (We talk to each other and there is very little drama! Love this!!!) 
  • She is the BEST grandma and always willing to do anything for her grandbabies!
  • She's one of my best friends!
  • I love that I can call her and ask her any question about being a mom and she always talks me through it and makes me feel better! 
  • I love that she's very hard to offend! 
  • She knows me and she gets me!
  • She never lies! 
  • She loves making things for her family! (example: my wedding dress among many many other things)
  • She let's us be us and never impresses her will on us! 
  • She's a GREAT mom!! 


As you can tell there are more then just a few things I adore about my mom! This list could go on and on! Some of the things on the list embarrassed me as a teenager, but now they are things I admire about my mom now because I understand! Yes my mom can drive me crazy, and I'm sure I drive her crazy sometimes also, but I love her very much and am so thankful for my mom! : ) 

Mother's Day was fabulous and I have to thank Braeden for making me feel so special! : )
I'm so blessed for all the people in my life that make me the mom that I am!






No comments:

Post a Comment