Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

We had a wonderful Father's Day! It started off with bishopric meetings which meant Braeden was gone before Emeri and I were even out of bed and by the time he was home from all his meetings Emeri was already taking her nap! It wasn't the typical breakfast in bed wake up dad with lots of hugs and kisses, but it we still had a great day with Braeden and I know he had a great day with us and knows how much we love and appreciate him! : ) 
When Braeden got home from his morning meetings I had breakfast waiting for him, which was much appreciated since he doesn't have enough time to eat before he goes so he was starving! : ) 
Then we had to wait for it to be time to wake up Emeri for church and so she could give her daddy the gifts she made for him! I was so excited for her to wake up to give Braeden his gifts it seemed like she was asleep forever! : ) When she finally woke up this is what she gave her daddy...



I found these ideas online (I'm definitely not creative enough to come up with ideas like these!) Emeri had a really good time making them for her daddy! Braeden's favorite was the poem with the her feet print on it! The poem is so cute! Here it is so you can read it... beware it's a tear jerker! 


Walk With Me, Daddy
By: Helen Bush

Walk alongside me, Daddy
and hold my little hand
I have so many things to learn
that I dont yet understand

Teach me things to keep me safe
from dangers every day.
Show me how to do my best
at home, at school at play

Every child needs a gentle hand
to guide them as they grow.
So walk alongside me, Daddy.
 We have a long way to go


It did bring tears to Braeden's eyes (which also brought tears to my eyes!). Just goes to show how much he loves his little girl! : ) 
We also gave him a tie, like the one we have him last year, that has Emeri's cute face all over it! He definitely has the cutest tie at church! : ) 


My primary kids made their dads some awesome magnets and a fun fill-in-the-blank card that they could hand on their fridge with the magnet they made! 


I had the kids draw something small for their dads the week before so I could bring them home, finish them, and have them done on Father's Day! (I wish I took pictures of some of the other ones because there were some pretty funny things the kids drew! These are the ones from the kids that weren't at church on Sunday!) And the fill-in-the-blank card was a lot of fun as well! I asked the kids questions without them knowing what the rest of the sentence was so they turned out pretty funny and I think the dads appreciated them!? : ) 

After church and Emeri's nap we headed down to Braeden's dad's house for some yummy dinner and to enjoy some good family company! Brad and Val always spoil us with delicious food! : ) 

For the Grandpas this year Emeri made some magnets for them that had her beautiful artwork on them! 


We found this cool little golfer guy made out of nuts, bolts, and other pieces of scrap metal several months ago and thought "Grandpa Brad" because he is a huge golfer, so we saved it for Father's Day! 
I can't say what else we got for my dad because we haven't given it to him yet! We are doing Father's Day with my side of the family in 2 weeks! : ) 

We had a great daddy day and Emeri did give Braeden lots of hugs and kisses through out the day since we couldn't wake him up with hugs and kisses! : ) 

SHOUT OUTS:

I'm so grateful for the AWESOME dad that I have! I was always daddy's little girl growing up, so me and my dad have a special bond that I think only daddy's little girls and daddies would understand! I have learned things from my dad that only he could teach me and I appreciate all the things I have learned from him! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be the person I am today! 

I'm also so so so so so so grateful for Braeden! He is an AMAZING daddy to our little girl!
 It makes my heart sing to know how much he loves and cares for Emeri!
He takes advantage of every minute he has to spend with her and loves one-on-one time! 
He never complains when I have somewhere I need to go and he needs to watch her!
 He often is the one giving Emeri her baths and putting her to bed because I'm on my way to the gym and he just treasures this time with her! 
I love the way Emeri lights up when her daddy comes into the room and Braeden can get Emeri to giggle like no one else!
Emeri has the best daddy!
I'm so excited for Braeden to be a daddy again this October! 

Braeden thank you for being such a good daddy to our kids! They are so lucky to have you! : ) 

And thank you to all the other father figures that I have and have had in my life! I have truly been blessed to have great men to look up to and learn from! 


I hope everyone else had a great FATHER's DAY as well! : ) 

(Sorry the pictures are so boring! : ) I wasn't in picture taking mode on Sunday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment