Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stay-at-Home Dad

I had workshops again the past two days so that meant Emeri had to be babysat! : ( 
 On Wednesday Emeri went to Grandma Val and Grandpa Brad's to play and get spoiled all day! Emeri is the only grandchild on Braeden's side so whenever we are at her grandparents she is the center of attention and she just eats it all up! They also have a black lab that Emeri just loves and she calls "a dog" (so cute)! When I dropped her off she was so excited to be there playing she refused to give me a hug and a kiss goodbye because she was too busy doing her thing! (stinker) She sure loves hanging out with Grandma Val and Grandpa Brad! 
I'm so grateful for all the people that love and care for Emeri! 
On Wednesday Emeri also hurt her arm again! I wasn't going to take her to the doctors because the last time we did the doctor took x-rays and told us to give her Tylenol and put her to bed! But I wanted answers! I wanted to know why this keeps happening, and I was worried that something might be getting permanently damaged in her little arm! I called the Dr office and they told me to bring her in, but since it was later in the evening our regular pediatrician wasn't there and I was worried we were going to get the same advice that we did last time, so I asked to see the Dr who is best with this kind of "stuff" and we got a great Dr this time! : )  He explained to us what has been happening and showed me how to fix it when it happens again! He said it's called "nursemaid elbow"! What happens is her upper and lower arm bones get pulled apart and a ligament gets pinched when they go back together, so she doesn't want to use it because it hurts! He took her little arm and twisted it in a special way to get that ligament out of there! Obviously she was not a fan of this, but he said let her calm down and I'll be back in to check on her! As soon as she calmed he came back in, held out a sucker, asked her if she wanted it, and what did she do? She reached right out with her left arm (the one that she wasn't using) and grabbed the sucker! It was fixed just like that! He told us that once this kind of thing happens it will keep happening until they are about 6! The slightest pull can cause it, so he taught me how to twist her arm just right when this happens next time so I can pop it back and we don't have to keep going to the Dr! 
I'm grateful that it's nothing serious and it's just something that happens with little kids! 
(Sigh of relief to get some answers! )

Today Braeden took the day off work to be a "stay-at-home dad"! I was so excited that I didn't have to drop Emeri off somewhere this morning and she could stay home with her daddy and play all day! : ) Braeden was VERY excited as well! Emeri did get sick this morning again! I'm not sure what's going on with her little body lately? I thought she was over the sickness that she had on Sunday, but it started again this morning! : ( Other then getting sick it sounded like they had a really good time together and I'm glad Braeden got to stay home and play with his girl all day! 
He is the best daddy! 

She has been a daddy's girl since day one! 



No comments:

Post a Comment