Thursday, February 7, 2013

We Know How to Make Messes

Staying entertained and avoiding cabin fever when the air outside makes you sick (this smog is gross) is kind of hard sometimes especially when your apartment is 7 square feet!
 (ok it's not that bad, but it can feel like it!) 
To keep things interesting we have been doing sensory activities aka making BIG messes!
Check it out!

Oobleck
(Cornstarch and water)
Emeri wasn't so sure at first, but once I got her dishes out so she could "cook" with it she had a grand time making a huge mess!

and a new one for me Fluffy Stuff it's kind of like Moon Sand
(Cornstarch and Shaving Cream)
Emeri had way too much fun with this one! She played in it for a good 2+ hours and could have played for several more, but I had to start clean up so I could make dinner! 


She was loving life!

It's cool because you can mold it and make fun stuff like this turtle!
and it's like playing with a cloud it's so soft!

Here's the final mess right before Emeri and I both hopped in the shower to rinse off because we were both covered from head to toe with this stuff!
Yes it took me forever to clean it up, but it was worth it! 
We had a good time playing together!

We have also played with water beads recently which Emeri enjoys throwing all over the house and watching them bounce in every direction and driving her dad crazy with them! : ) 

Emeri LOVES sensory activities and having permission to make huge messes! 
I've been trying to do one with her a couple times a month to get her away from the TV and to have some one-on-one time with her! 
 When I get the stuff out to play the first could times she gets in on the kitchen floor she looks at me like, is it ok if I make a mess or is mom going to tell me not to! Apparently I tell her often not to make messes! : ) 

And just so you know I find all my ideas on Pinterest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment