Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Surprise!

SO THIS IS HOW IT ALL WENT DOWN!...
My sister came home on May 15th, but my mom and I were the only ones that new the real date!
Originally she was suppose to be coming home on May 22nd, but the date got moved up a week because of all the missionaries going out right now (because of the age change)! Jill decided she should surprise everyone so I was the only one she told about the date change! 
At first we were going to keep it a secret from my mom, but Jill's mission president decided my mom needed to know the real date! As soon as Jill found this out she emailed on her p-day and told me to call my mom and let her in on the surprise before she got something in the mail about her coming home a week early and called everyone to let them know! 
Letting my mom in on the secret made my job so much easier! Now she could deal with the Bishop and Stake President and all the communication that a mom does with them to set up homecoming talks and release interviews and what not without the Bishop and Stake President having to keep the secret from my mom! 
Keeping the secret from everyone else in the family was easy! : ) 

Now we had to figure out how we were going to surprise everyone and not make it look suspicious!
So here was the plan...
My birthday is the 17th of May just two days after Jill got home so I put together a big birthday party for myself (Lame right? Good thing the party really wasn't about my birthday and about Jill coming home!). I did get some questions like "Why don't you just wait a week to celebrate your birthday so Jill can be there?"  my answer "Because when Jill gets home I want it to be all about her and not about me!" hehehe and "Why are your throwing a party for yourself?" my answer "Because no one else is going to do it for me!" good answers right?  Not making anything look too suspicious!... 
So the birthday was planned and everyone, and my everyone I mean my family, was invited.
Now we just had to wait for her to get home! : ) 
The thing I was most excited about was getting Jill all to myself for 2 days before I had to share here with the rest of the family! : ) Seriously I hadn't been this excited about something in a really long time! 

Then May 15th arrived!
It seemed like the morning went on forever!
Finally I to met my mom at my mother-in-law's house so I could hide my car there, that way my little brothers didn't see it when they got home from school and wonder why my car was there all day! 
Then we were off to the airport! 
YAY! 

Taking a ride on the moving sidewalk!

Waiting for Jill with our signs! 

Kyler helping me hold the sign!


Emeri waiting patiently! 

Here she comes!

Running towards us!

This is an awesome picture of me (NOT)... but it is the picture of Jill meeting Kyler for the first time!

He is a huge fan of the missionary tag!

SO DRAMATIC! : )

Trying to get a smile from Emeri!

She's a stinker!

YAY she's finally home! 

Now for the big surprise! 
She hid out at our house for the couple days before the party and I got to take her shopping and to Cafe Rio and just hang out! (My kids actually got sick so it was really nice to have her there to help out!) : ) 
So the day of the party... The plan...
When everyone got to the church they all went into the Relief Society room to make "Welcome Home" signs for Jill! While Jill was hiding out in one of the classrooms with some of her friends from her mission! (Long story, but some of the members and an investigator from her last area happened to come to Utah the same weekend she came home so they came to the party too!) Once everyone arrived I snuck Jill into the gym and into a giant box! Then I had everyone leave what they were doing and come in and sit down so we could start the party! Once everyone come in and sat down I told everyone something along the lines of "I got this gift a couple days ago and it's so big that I thought I would bring it here tonight and share it with you!" and that's when she popped out of the box and scared/shocked everyone! 


I thought that everyone would run up and give her lots of hugs and it would be awesome, but everyone was so shocked that they all just sat there trying to digest what just happened! HAHAHA! It was still pretty awesome! 

Watch this:

(follow the link and you can watch the surprise on YouTube!) 

When everyone finally got up and started giving her hugs!


We definitely pulled it off and surprised everyone! : ) 

After the big surprise everyone enjoyed dinner and chatting with Jill!
Then it was time for Minute-To-Win-It games! It was a blast, but unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pictures because I was the one running the game! 
We had so much fun! I think I might do another minute-to-win-it game night and that time I will make sure and take lots of pictures! 

(FAMILY I know some of you have pictures and videos from the games I know I asked once, but again if you could send those to me that would be awesome! THANKS! LOVE YOU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment