Friday, September 7, 2012

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Gross

September 6th 2012

The Good
Emeri and I woke up at 7:45, watched 45 minutes of cartoons while we snuggled on the couch, ate breakfast, and then got ready for the day! By 9:00 we were ready to go grocery shopping, menu was made, grocery list was in hand, and shoes were on!
The Bad
There was one problem! I couldn't find my keys anywhere! The search was on! I checked everywhere... under and in the sofa, in all of Emeri's purses, in her scooter, in her closet, under her bed, under our bed, on the table, desk, and kitchen counters, in all the drawers and cupboards that she can reach, I checked everywhere I could think of including in and around our apartment pool because that's where we had them last! By this time it was 11:00 time for Emeri's nap which was good because I was beyond frustrated for the obvious reason of not being able to find my keys for 2 hours, but also because I was ready at 9:00 to go grocery shopping which rarely happens, and because my daughter was being the worst listener! She is generally a really good listener, but this morning while I was searching for my keys she was making messes left and right and would laugh at me anytime I asked her to help me pick it up or stop what she was doing! AHHHH!
More Good
Once I got Emeri down I was standing in the kitchen eating a handful of peanut butter m and m's thinking what possibley could have happened to my keys and where else I could look for them when I dropped a m and m and it came to me... I hadn't looked under the stove yet! Getting down on my all fours again was the last thing I wanted to do! Moving these day's isn't the easiest thing to do! Not only because I have a huge belly, but I also pulled a muscle in my butt somehow and any movement killed especially getting up and down from the ground! But I had looked everywhere else they could be except under the stove so I had to get down and look! I slowly made it down to the ground and looked under the stove... nothing! But since I was already down on the ground I thought I should look under the dishwasher and fridge too! You won't believe what I found... my keys! : ) They were under the fridge! I was lucky I even saw them because they were so far under there! I was so relived when I finally had them in my hand!
Who knew dropping a m and m could be an answer to your prayers! : )
After nap time we were off to lunch with one of my friends from college! Emeri was a very good listener while we where out, lunch (Zupas) was delicious, and catching up with a friend you haven't seen in a while is always good!
The Ugly
Once we made our way home (after running some errands) Emeri was back to her not listening, mess making, frustrating little self like she was earlier in the day! UGH! Braeden could not get home fast enough to relieve me from this girl! I was trying to make dinner, but I was having a difficult time doing anything because I was cleaning up Emeri's messes left and right! When Braeden walked in the door I was down on the ground picking up beads that Emeri pulled off the table and dumped everywhere! Once I saw him tears started running down my checks! I couldn't hold it in anymore! I was just not having a good day and I needed him! I honestly wanted to forget dinner and lock myself in my bedroom to be alone for the rest of the night! (When Emeri saw me crying she started bawling herself and came over and gave me loves! She can always make me feel better even if she's part of the reason I'm upset!)
More Good!
I forced myself to finish dinner and sit down with my family! I knew a family dinner would make me feel better about life! I also knew locking myself in my room was the easy way out and the easy way usually isn't the best way! I was glad I chose family dinner because by the end I was feeling better about life and no longer wanted to run away! After dinner we headed outside to play on the playground and run Emeri's energy out! Fresh air and family time is the best medicine when you're having a no good very bad day!
After playtime it was bedtime and Emeri went down like and angel!
The Gross
(This is really gross and I probably shouldn't share it, but what the heck I'm not too prideful! Stuff like this happens to the best of us!)
In the midst of all that was going on Emeri pulled everything out of our kitchen drawer that has our hot pads and aprons in it! The next thing we know she yelling, "Bug! Bug! Bug!" and pointing in the drawer! Ok so there's a bug in the drawer... NO there were maggots in the drawer! Yes you read that correctly maggots! The bugs that eat rotten food and dead bodies! Yes, those where the bugs in our house! GROSS GROSS GROSS! Thankfully there wasn't any rotten food or dead bodies in our drawer too! They were living off a little piece of hard bread!? I'll give you one guess as to how that got there! I'm pretty sure little miss Emeri was the culprit or it somehow fell off the counter when the drawer was open? Who knows, but it was gross and I had to now clean up maggots on top of everything else! 
Braeden did offer to let me just sit and relax while he cleaned the kitchen after dinner and the maggots mess, but I didn't want to sit! I wanted to spend more time with him even if that meant cleaning up maggots while he did the dishes!
 It's a good thing I was the one cleaning up the bugs because while I was cleaning them up I did find out that they are the one bug that gives Brae the heebee geebees more than any other bug! (Isn't he sweet to offer to clean them up knowing that? I think so!) I don't get grossed out much by anything! I would rather not have maggots to clean up in my house, but if I do I'm not the type to run away screaming because they are "yucky"! They were just little tiny worms about the size of a grain of rice and there were maybe 10 of them! Gross? Yes! But it could be worst! 
The Best
Once everything was cleaned up Brae and I were off to bed! My personal favorite part of the day! Cuddling up to my love and falling asleep with the opportunity to wake up in the morning to a new day! It doesn't get better than that! 

So there you have it! 
My day full of the good, the bad, the ugly and the gross! 
A day to remember, reflect on, and learn from!
Jenni 

One more thing... Emeri really wasn't being that bad! She wasn't being the best listener, but at the same time I wasn't being the best mom! I was so irritated about losing my keys at the beginning of the day that it effected the rest of my day and how I was handling my typical 2 year old! Which wasn't fair to her! She's a great toddler and I wasn't being very patient or giving her the attention she deserved! You live and learn right!?  

No comments:

Post a Comment