Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Waterton

Our last day in Canada we went to Waterton! 
Waterton is a gorgeous national park in Alberta! (It's Canada's part of Glacier National Park!) 
The atmosphere is so peaceful! 
You have the unique little restaurants and fun gift shops on the main street and then there is the endless lake and beautiful waterfalls not to mention the scenery which is breathtaking!
It's the kind of scenery that when you see it all your worries leave and you immediately feel relaxed because it's that beautiful! 
Braeden and I would love to go back for a week or so one of these days and try to experience more of what Waterton has to offer! 
It's such a breath of fresh air in this world that is so developed and busy! 
I'm glad we ended up venturing out there! 

Nap time during the drive out there.

This is what I mean by breathtaking...
source
We visited Cameron Falls first! 
Pretty! 
I loved the cool mist that came off the falls! 
Heaven!

Family photo time! 

Emeri checking out the falls and looking for fish in the water. There were no fish, but she sure looked hard for them! : ) 

After lunch we headed down to the water! 
Look at this view...

All the water comes right off the glaciers so it's very cold! But boy did if feel so good! I wish I would have brought my bathing suite! I would have gone in all the way!
(Can you tell I'm pregnant?) 

Emeri loved the water and all the rocks too! Does it get any better than endless water and endless rock to through in it? Not for Emeri it doesn't! 

 She had a blast and could have stayed there all day! Me too I loved that cold water! 
(Did I mention I like the cold water?? : ) )

What a cute girl! 

Check out that belly! : ) 

Love this picture!
(Braeden squatted down a little too far while this picture was being taken and got his bum wet! haha) 

 All the boys skipping rocks!

On our way to get ice cream there were deer just roaming around like no one was there!

Emeri sure liked them!

Sharing ice cream with Dad and then...

 Another deer came to say, "Hello!"

We had a great time in Waterton! I really hope one day we will make our way back up there! 

...

There isn't a better way to end a great day than jumping on the hotel bed! : ) 


Emeri insisted I join them so after taking a couple pictures I did! : )  

I LOVE FAMILY VACATIONS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment