Monday, October 22, 2012

Kyler

Kyler was born October 11th 2012 at 2:30 am! (We didn't plan the 10/11/12 birthday, but it is pretty cool!) I went in on the 10th to get induced because I was ready for this little man to get here and I felt like that was the best decision for us! I'm glad I did because he ended up being a very big boy! We got there at 11:00am and immediately started Pitocin to get the contractions really going! Then the waiting game began! We were waiting for my midwife to come and break my water so the real labor could begin and to meet this little guy! She finally arrived at 8:15pm and as soon as my water broke things started progressing quicker! At 11:30pm I was very uncomfortable with the contractions that I was having and didn't want to get any more uncomfortable so I asked for an Epidural! Once I was numb from the waist down I fell asleep and let my body do all the hard work it needed to to get ready to push! The separation for body and mind is an incredible thing! : ) Around 2:15am the nurse came in and said baby was ready and she called Kathy (my midwife) she asked me to do 2 "practice" pushed to see how easy Kyler was going to come down 10 minutes later Kathy showed up and Kyler was ready! I pushed 3 to 5 times (I don't remember the exact number) and baby Kyler was here! Everyone in the room was amazed at how big of a boy he was including Braeden and myself! : ) When he first came the look on the nurses faces made me think that something was wrong with him, but they were just all in amazement at his size! It did take him a bit to get his breathing going, but once he got the first shot of oxygen his color went from purple to pink in seconds and his Apgar score went from a 7 to a 9! 

We had ultra sounds at all our appointments and at our last one Kathy said he was measuring 9 1/2 pounds but I didn't think much about it because one ultra sound estimate are just that estimates and not very accurate at all and two they said Emeri was 8 1/2 - 9 pounds and she was only 7lbs 7oz so I was expecting an 8 1/2 pound baby at the very most! It's a really good thing I really didn't know how big he was because I would have been terrified to have him! Birthing a 10 pound + baby sounds horrible (and is still kind of scary sounding to me), but to be completely honest this labor, delivery, and recovery have been 100 times easier then my labor, delivery, and recovery with Emeri! It took me the a good 6 weeks with Emeri to feel like myself again and it's only taken me about a week to feel better this go around! 


I know Kyler is a big boy and everyone that sees him tells me how large he is however he doesn't seem big to me at all! He seems so small and I can't really imagine babies being smaller than he is! I guess if I had a "normal" size baby to compare him to everyday he would seem huge, but compared to the rest of my world he's tiny! And perfect I might add! : ) He is such a good baby! He's a good eater a good sleeper and so so so cute! I love all the silly facial expressions he makes while he sleeps and all the cute noises he makes! My favorite are the sleepy smiles, I know it's just the nerves in his face going crazy, but I love them and they melt my heart! I love that he can be awake and happy just watching the world around him that he doesn't have to be held all day! I love that he knows my voice and anytime I talk he looks around for me! He does the same thing for his daddy too! I love that he can be upset and Braeden takes him and he falls asleep almost immediately when daddy props him up on his shoulder! I love that his older sister loves him so much and always wants to help with him in every possible way! I love that Emeri tries to mimic every sound Kyler makes! It's hilarious! I love his cute little cry and the sad face he makes right before he decides the world is coming to an end! I love being Kyler's mommy! I love everything about it even the late night feedings! : ) 

1 comment:

  1. We like your choice of middle name It's Austin's too! :-)
    Sooo glad to hear everything went well. He is gorgeous. Give him a hug and squeeze for us. And give his big Sis a hug and squeeze too!
    Love you all!
    The North Jensens

    ReplyDelete