Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh Emeri Part II

I know I promised this on Saturday, but Saturday was a very busy day so I never got around to it! 
Sorry!
But here it is Oh Emeri Part II! 

Emeri just being a goof! 

Whistling
Braeden and I started this thing when we got married that instead of yelling for each other when we needed something we would whistle a little tune we came up with! It has come in very handy like when we are in stores and we can't find each other or when we need something and we have a sleeping baby in our arms if we were to yell we would wake up the baby, but the whistle gets the job done and the baby stays asleep! Anyway Emeri has caught on to our whistle and now she does it too! When she needs something and she's in the other room, if she is in her crib in the morning and it's taken her awhile to wake me up, or any other time she feels fit she will "whistle" for us! Every time she does I can't help, but smile! I just love that she has caught on to our little trick! 

Stuck
Emeri came running to me saying "I'm stuck! I'm stuck!" She had got her shirt over her head but couldn't get it the rest of the way off! I of course let her try a bit longer because it was fun to watch her spin in circles as she tried to figure it out, but then I helped her out! : ) 



Jesus! Emeri!
Emeri has a book with this picture of Jesus holding a little girl in it! Every time she sees it she points at Jesus and says, "Jesus" and points to the little girl and says, "Emeri!" 
It warms my heart that she thinks she is the little girl on Jesus' lap and that she loves Jesus so much! 
Emeri truly knows who "her Jesus" is here are a couple more examples of how much he loves Christ and recognizes him: 
We have a picture of Jesus that hangs on our wall between our living and dinning area she often holds up what she's eating and offers to share with Jesus! : ) 
We got her her own picture of Jesus to hang in her room and when she wakes up most mornings she either asks for dad or points at her picture of Christ on her wall! 
We read her "Jesus stories" (scriptures with lots of pictures) every night! When we are reading a story that doesn't have pictures of Christ in it we must find a picture of Jesus that she can look at in the book before we can put the scriptures down for the night! 
It amazes me how much she loves Jesus! 

Moon
Emeri always points out the moon in the sky and then does a little dance! : ) She gets very excited! (I'm not sure why?) Well... one thing you get to do when you're a parents is teach your kids silly things (I take full advantage of this) like... teaching Emeri the moon is made out of cheese! : ) Now on top of the little dance she dose she says. "Moon! Cheese! Nom Nom Nom!" and sometimes she even tries to jump up and grab the moon so she can take a bit! I love it! 

Aviators 
I found some little aviator sunglasses for Emeri! She thinks she is the coolest thing when she has them on because she matches daddy! : ) 

 She loves wearing them on her head too! : ) 

Throw
The other day while Emeri was eating and making a huge mess I asked her if she was finished because I was going to go "throw her in the bath" and she said with a very concerned look on her face "No throw!" She was worried I was literally going to throw her in the tub! : ) I guess I should be more careful how I word things! 

Bouncer
We have been getting baby stuff out and organized since Kyler will be here any day now and while we were doing so Emeri rediscovered the bouncer! 
It's her new favorite place to sit and if she is watching a movie she literally doesn't move the whole time! 
The funny part is she still fits in the weight limits! 


Box
We had this giant car seat box that we were getting rid of and I convinced Braeden to keep it for a couple extra days so Emeri and I could decorate it and play in it! Well of course it was the perfect place for Emeri to hide so I could find her! One of the times I didn't come find her, so she slowly started poking her head out of the box like this to see where I was! hahahaha!


Toren
I think Emeri is taking after her musical relatives (Braeden and I didn't get the musical genes)! She is always singing ALWAYS, but the other day I found her singing, playing her key board (that doesn't work), and holding up her little book like she was singing out of it! I don't know where she as seen this or if it's just instinct, but it amazed me that she was doing all three things at the same time! It's not like she sees me or her dad singing playing the piano out of a book! It must be Uncle Toren's influence! : ) 

Oh I love this girl and all the silly things she does! 
How did I ever get so lucky to be her mom? 

No comments:

Post a Comment