Monday, October 8, 2012

Playing Catch Up

This past week I haven't been able to blog because I have been so anxious for this little boy to get here! I have started several post, but don't have the patience to finish them because this little man just needs to get here and that is ALL I can think about right now!
My brain is so scattered right now! ugh

In an effect to catch up our past week (or so) I just thought I would combine all my unfinished posts into one big one!
So here it goes... our last week
(hopefully I can concentrate long enough to finish this post so I don't get so far behind I can't catch up!)

Friday September 29th
We got the license plates for our new car! Wahoo!
Emeri loved helping dad put them on the car!



Saturday September 29th
Started with lots of cheering for "Mac"! My brother-in-law Matt ran his first marathon and we went and cheered him on! Emeri loved cheering and clapping (even though she would only cheer when he wasn't around!) she would say "Go Mac Go run run run!" for all the other runs just not him! : ) 

Wearing dads hat!


After the race we took Emeri to the Living Planet Aquarium! We wanted to do one last big thing with Emeri before this baby gets here! We thought about the zoo, but there was no way I could have done all that walking!
Emeri and I have been to the aquarium one time before, but that was almost a year ago! This time she was old enough to appreciate it more and she loved it!
She loved seeing all the "Nemos", but the sea turtle was her favorite!
 She still talks about the turtle!




Sunday September 30th
My mom is obsessed with Halloween! We have a family Halloween party each year! This year we did it early so the whole family could be there! She wanted to make sure we could come since Kyler will be here soon and she wasn't sure if we would want to bring a brand new baby around everyone!
This year a lot more planning than usual went into the party because Andrew, my nephew, wanted to be in charge! He came up with the agenda, menu, and helped grandma for days getting ready for the party!

We started by making our own gravestones! This is a tradition we have been doing for years! We write how we died on the gravestones! It's fun to see all the creative ways we died that year!
 Morbid? 
Yes!
But it's Halloween! : ) 
Here are the gravestones everyone made! 


The menu: Witch hand stew (bread in the shape of hands with pot pie filling), batwiches, blood (red soda), chocolate Halloween suckers, and an awesome serpent cake!  

After dinner it was time to decorate pumpkins! We usually carve them, but since it's so far away from Halloween right now we thought decorating them now and carving them later would be best so they don't go bad before Halloween! 
Andrew came up with the idea of decorating them with duct tape so that's what we did! 

One of the fun duct tapes we had, had mustaches all over it so we cut out the staches and all the grandkids modeled them! ...

...Even Kyler!

Tuesday October 2nd
We woke up at 2 am and headed to the hospital! I was having contractions every 2 minutes and we thought it was time for Kyler to join our family! However, he has a different plan! After 14 hours at the hospital and 18 hours of contractions he is still too nice and cozy in there to make his entrance! (It was my choice to go home and not get my water broken and make him come!) 
Since we were at the hospital all day Emeri was with Grandma Kathy! This is the picture we got from here in the middle of the day! Emeri napping without a diaper on! LOL! When we got this picture we had a really good laugh! She has never taken off her diaper before or since! She crakes me up!   

Alright I will have to finish catching up later! 
I can't concentrate any longer! 
This kiddo just needs to get here already! 



No comments:

Post a Comment