Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas / New Year Part 2


This would be Emeri the day after Christmas in her brothers new pack n play eating melted candy kisses! (Don't worry they didn't get all over the new pack n play just all over her!)

The day after Christmas we also started trying to potty train Emeri! I thought it would be perfect timing since Braeden was home to help! The first three days went really well and by the end of day three I thought we were on the home stretch, but come day four and it all went down hill! She refused to sit on her potty at all and eventually took her potty, put it in her room, and told us she was "all done!" We decided to be all done for now and pick it back up in a couple weeks! I don't want it to be an unpleasant experience for her so we are just going to give it a bit of time!
However we are still moving forward just slowly and more on Emeri's time! Last night she sat on the potty and got some #2 out and she has been telling us that she needs to sit on the potty when she pees it just happens to be right after she peed in her diaper so we only get a few drops in the potty! BUT we are still making some progress in the right direction it just has to be Emeri's idea!
(I know you all wanted to know those details!) : ) 
She's pretty stubborn! You can't really force anything on this girl!

Emeri sitting on her potty, being silly, with her pants on her head!



Did I mention we did a lot of playing during the holidays?
Emeri wearing googles, riding her trike, with only panties on! 
This picture makes me laugh even more because it's all blurry like she's drunk or something! hahaha!
You should have seen her trying to swim on the carpet! hahaha! 

Kyler playing!

We also spent some time at the hospital this holiday season because my mom had hip replacement surgery right before Christmas! She is recovering like a champ and will be home soon! She's such a strong lady! I'm excited that she will be able walk without her cane sooner than later and not be in so much pain! It's amazing what they can fix these days! 

Kyler falling asleep on Braeden at the rehab center while visiting my mom!
I have two very handsome boys! 

New Years Eve was great! This is Emeri pooped after playing with Grandma and Grandpa while Braeden and I went to see a movie!

After the movie we headed to my sisters house to party and bring in the new year!

My 4 year old niece Sam painted my finger nails for me!
She did an awesome job and they make me smile every time I look down and see my rainbow nails! : ) 

Then we played lots of games and ate lots of treats until about 10!
We didn't stay until midnight for 2 reasons! 1. It was way past Emeri's bed time! and 2. We wanted to get home and off the roads before the drunk drivers! You know, keep the family as safe as possible! : ) 
We had a great night! 

Emeri and Sammy playing!
When these two hit their second wind it was hilarious to watch them play!
 

Emeri, Alex and I while playing games!

Whenever we weren't playing we were snoozing trying to recover from our long fun days!
Here are some funny pictures of our kiddos crashed!

Checkout those rolls!

Yes he's asleep with his eye open!

What is up with the sock?? 

I just want to kiss those lips! 

Oh this girl! 

These last two weeks have been great with Braeden home and celebrating Christmas and New Years, but to tell you the truth I'm glad all the hustle and bustle is over for now! 
I missed Braeden like CRAZY today while he was at work, but it's going to be nice to get back into the normal groove of things around here! 

Stay tuned for New Year Resolutions and my favorite blogs posts of 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment