Monday, January 7, 2013

Nightmare

I had the worst nightmare of my entire life last night!
It makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it, but for some reason I feel like I need to write it down!
The dream started out with my entire family (Braeden's side and my side) on vacation in some foreign country (where English was not spoken) and out to dinner! We were in a restaurant trying to get tables organized and everyone sat down when Emeri got lost in all the commotion and no one realized it for quite sometime!
Once we realized she was missing the search was on! 
We looked everywhere in the restaurant and couldn't find her so we moved our search outside! After frantically looking under, in and around every car panic started to really set in! 
She was gone, but where? Did someone take her? Did she wonder off by herself? Is she hurt? Is someone hurting her? My heart was beating like crazy in fear that my little Emeri was gone forever! 
Braeden and I raced to our car and started driving around asking everyone around if they had seen her with the best hand gestures we could since we didn't speak their language! (Braeden and I were the only ones looking for some reason) 
Where ever we were it was not very nice! People were living in shacks and scary not so friendly people lined the streets! 
As we drove around looking for her I would hear her scream (you know how you know your kids cries and screams?) I would race out of the car frantically running towards her scream, but every time I found it it was a different little kid! The brief sense of relief I felt when I hear her cry was gone again! 
I had lost my baby forever and we were in a foreign place so no one was going to want to help some Americans find their baby (that was the thought running through my head not sure why)!
There were people every where so I eventually just started running from person to person trying to ask them the best I could if they had seen a little girl with blond curly hair wearing a purple shirt! Everyone just looked at me like I was crazy!
That's when Braeden's alarm went off and woke me up!
 I was shaking, I couldn't breath, and I thought my heart was going to pound out of my chest! I was so scared! 
I gradually realized that it was a nightmare and not reality and eventually caught my breath! 
I have never ever been so scared in my entire life! 
I thought someone had my baby and there was no one willing to help me find her! And worst of all I didn't know if she was hurt or what kind of things they were going to do to her!
I almost went and picked her up and gave her a hug and I would have, but she's been really sick and I didn't want to disturb her sleep because she needs as much as she can get right now to get better!
I immediately said a prayer to my Heavenly Father thanking him for my two kiddos, thanking him that they where at home safe in their beds, and pleading with him that I never ever have to experience that terrifying feeling in real life! After my prayer I was able to calm down and go back to bed!  
Braeden asked me what was wrong and I told him about my dream then I told him, in my half awake brain, that we are never having more than 2 kids so when we go places each kiddo has one of our full attention so something like this could never happen! : )
This morning when she woke me up yelling "MOM! MOM!" it was music to my ears and I couldn't wait to pick her up, give her a hug, and tell her how much I love her!
Great ending to a terrible nights sleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment