Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sick Days

We have had sickies non stop around here it seems like! : ( 
It started on Sunday with Emeri! 
She came down with an awful cold! 
Itchy watery eyes, runny nose, coughing, and sneezing non stop-she had it bad!
I tried really hard to keep her away from Kyler, to teach her to cover her mouth when she coughed and sneezed (not very successful with this, but she was finally getting it some), and we sanitized our hands probably a hundred times a day trying to keep Kyler healthy!
The hardest part was trying to comfort one kiddo who is sick while trying to take care of the other without them being near each other!? It would have been perfect if there were two of me! 
Despite Emeri looking miserable it didn't seem to slow her down much she was still running around like her normal self just with red eyes and stopping every so often because she had "snot on her face" and she needed a tissue! She doesn't like snot! : ) 
If I were her I would have been in bed! Kids are way tougher than us adults!  
Things were looking better for her yesterday the worst was definitely over!
I thought we were successful at keeping it away from Kyler and we were moving on to having two healthy kids and play dates again when around 10 last night Kyler started coughing! : ( 
It was out of no where! The wasn't trace of a cough when he went to bed! 
It's a "dry barky" cough so I took him in to see the Dr.
He has croup! : ( 
He was so cute while we were at the doctors! He was giving me huge smiles in between coughs! 
What a trooper!
There is no medicine for croup because it's a virus, so to help open up his air way they gave him a steroid shot! 
He's breathing a ton better, but now he has "roid rage" (he's one grumpy boy), and he will not let me put him down! If I do he immediately starts screaming to the point that he looses his breath, so in my arms he stays! In fact I'm doing this blog post with one hand because I'm holding him right now!  
I love the snuggles! I just wish that was the only thing I needed to do today! 
Having sick kids is just no fun! : (

My snuggle bug!

I really hope that Braeden and I don't take turns next because going to work sick or taking care of kiddos sick isn't fun either!  

Here's to getting well soon and no one else getting sick! 


No comments:

Post a Comment