Monday, January 14, 2013

No Binky

RIP binky! 
You have been very missed by both Emeri and her parents! 
It's been a month since Emeri gave up her dear binky!


She's been doing... well... ok without it during naps and bedtime!
When she had her binky she was a charm going down!
With her binky and blanky she would be asleep in less than five minutes without the binky it's a different story!
It now takes her awhile (2 hours), most the time, to settle down enough to fall asleep and she thinks of everything possible to stall bedtime!
She needs a thousand drinks of milk
She needs to rock some more
She needs her window covered
She needs her books
She needs her night light on
She needs her diaper changed because she peed
You name it she needs if before she can go to sleep 
But she's getting better and better!
 These last two nights have been great! It still takes her a bit to fall asleep, but she isn't calling us into her room every five minutes for something!
Progress! : ) 

You would never know that giving up the binky was all her idea!...
...Rewind a month...

We went for her 2 year check up and the doctor said it would be a good idea to think about giving it up because it was starting to affect her teeth!
I thought ok we will try in a bit, but I said to Emeri, "Did you hear what the doctor said? She said it's time to give up your binky because it's hurting your teeth!" and Emeri said, "Yeah! Binky in trash!"I asked, "You want to put your binky in the trash when we get home?" and she said, "Yeah!"
Braeden and I both looked at each other in shock!
So when we got home I gave Emeri her binky and she went right to the trash and threw it away and that was the end of it! 
Seriously? It was that easy to convince her to give that thing up? 
If I knew it was going to be that easy I would have done it along time ago! 
I was surprised! 
She has had a hard time going to sleep without it, but she has never once cried for her binky!

The night she gave it up we took her out to dinner and ice cream to celebrate being a big girl! 

This is the look she gave Braeden when he would take a bit of her ice cream! 

Even though it hasn't been the easiest transition I'm proud of her for throwing it away and not looking back!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh I am DREADING this!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go though because I keep putting it off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dreading it too! I wouldn't have done it if she wasn't so gong ho about it! GOOD LUCK when you decide it's time!

      Delete