Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME! : )

This year I really wanted to get "prepared" for our birthdays!
 ...Let me explain... 
getting all the stuff together for 72 hour kits and food storage is expensive so I thought, "lets just do it for our birthdays this year" (our birthdays are only 4 days apart!) I figured instead of buying gifts for each other we would just spend the money on getting all the stuff to get "prepared"!
 You know, doing the grown up thing and be responsible and all? 
To me getting presents isn't a big deal! I really appreciate gifts when people do get them for me, but my favorite part of birthdays is having another excuse to get together with friends and family! I love just spending time with people I love! 
Not getting presents from Braeden, not having a day all about me, and not really getting anything fun for my birthday really isn't a big deal... well this is what I thought until it was my birthday! : ) 
I was making a list of the things we need to go get for our 72 hour kits and as I was going through the different ideas and lists on Pinterest compiling the list that would be best for our kits and I couldn't help but be bored! How boring is band aids and flashlights on your birthday??? Very boring! These things are very important and we will still go get the stuff to make our kits,  but since it was my birthday I just wanted something fun! : ) 
(I'm glad my birthday comes first so Braeden didn't have an extra lame birthday before I discovered this!) : ) You just need something fun on your birthday! Don't you agree?? To make it feel more like a birthday? I guess it was my inner KID coming out!
 (I was so excited about the 72 hour kit thing until half way through the day! HAHAHA!)

I called Braeden and told him Emeri and I were heading out to find something fun for my birthday because I was bored with the list I was making and he felt terrible! He thought it was all his fault since he didn't get me anything, but the 72 hour kits were all my idea and I asked him not to spend the extra money on another gift! It definitely was not his fault if it was anyones fault it was mine, but it also wasn't too late to turn the day around, so Emeri and I headed to the most dangerous place on the planet... Target! Emeri got fruit snacks and an Icee while we wondered the store looking for something for my birthday and of course I ended up in the clothes! : ) I found 4 new tank-tops and 5 new shirts totaling less than 50 bucks! (I'm a huge bargain shoper! I can't help it! It's in my blood thanks to my mom!: )  ) 9 new shirts for 50 bucks SCORE! : ) 
4 tank-tops 
5 new additions to the closet!

While we were finishing up at Target Braeden called and said he was home! 
Perfect timing!
Emeri finishing her Icee on the playground!

 We played outside for a bit and then headed to a salon to get pedicures! It was Braeden's first ever pedicure and he loved it! I think we might be going together more often now that he knows why they are so incredible!

Enjoying our pedis

Braeden was laughing so hard while the lady was scrubbing the bottom of his feet that "stone thingy" I was trying to get a picture, but I was laughing just has hard at him! That's why the picture is all blurry! : ) 

We walked to get our pedis done and this was Emeri on the way home! She was giving Braeden loves while she was on his shoulders making it 10 times harder to carry her! She was also kissing the top of his head!  
After the pedis Kathy showed up with some nice birthday surprises: balloons, Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcakes, a card with moolah in it, and some awesome hair spray (it's seriously the best stuff)!  
If you haven't ever had a Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcake you need to go get one now! They are soooo good! 
It was such a nice surprise and so nice of Kathy to drive all the way up here just for me! : )  (Thanks again Kathy!)
After Kathy left we put Emeri down for bed and watched a movie just the two of us! Perfect ending to a really great day!

My birthday might have started off a bit ordinary and boring (all my idea and fault), but by the end of the day I really couldn't have been happier! I really had a great day and have some fond memories of watching Braeden get his first pedicure! : ) hahaha!

I also need to thank Annie for breakfast SO YUMMY, my Dad and Kris for bringing me lunch the day before, and Brad and Val for the new dishes! 
I have been wanting new dishes FOREVER, but just haven't been able to bring myself to spend the money on them! I'm so excited to toss my dollar store, plastic, college dishes out!
 : ) 
Don't they look so nice in my cupboard? I sure think so! 

Brief side note... isn't my baby bump coming along nicely??? Hehehe It makes me so happy!

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY LOVE FROM EVERYONE! : ) 

(When I get my finalized 72 hour kit list done I will post it on here for anyone that needs or wants a good list!) 




2 comments:

  1. Holy cow you have a bump!!!! You totally didn't even look pregnant last time we hung out. I'm glad you came to your senses about your birthday. I LOVE my birthday and would never ask to not get something ha ha. I'm glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) I know my bump just all of a sudden POPPED and it's getting bigger and bigger everyday! I LOVE IT! : ) Yes I did come to my senses! hahaha! You need something to make your birthday a special day! : )

    ReplyDelete