Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pony Beads and Pipe Cleaners

I decided last night that today was going to be a no TV day! I wasn't going to turn on the TV to watch my shows and we weren't going to turn on the TV to watch Emeri's shows either! We were just going to play without the distraction of the TV in the background! It was a success! We didn't turn on the TV at all we just played all day will Pony Beads and Pipe Cleaners! Did you know such simple things could keep a mom and daughter entertained all day? : )

We made a "magnet pipe cleaner container thing" where you cut up the pipe cleaners, put them in a plastic container and then since the pipe cleaners have metal in them they stick to the magnet! Emeri loved playing with it and loved helping me get all the pipe cleaner pieces into the container! I also poked a hole in the top so she could stick the pipe cleaners in there as well! It kept here entertained for while!
The pipe cleaners stuck to the magnet! 

Sticking them in the hole on top


Then we got out the Pony Beads and made jewelry! Pipe cleaners are perfect for little fingers to put beads on because they don't move like string! Emeri did put some beads on, but her favorite part was taking all the beads off once mom got them on! : ) We will be finding pony beads around the house for weeks now!
Wearing all the fun stuff we made! lol

Taking apart all the fun stuff we made!

Then Emeri helped me make bugs to play with! She loved running away from me as I was trying to get her with them especially the spider! : )


We had a great day together just playing! It was the kind of day I needed so I could recover from the kind of day I had yesterday! : )

By the way... we did do other things during the day! : ) We played with Emeri's buddy in the morning, went grocery shopping in the afternoon, and went swimming with Braeden in the evening! We just played with pipe cleaners and pony beads when we would usually turn on the TV because we didn't have anything else keeping us busy! Honestly I'm not sure how much more creative I could have gotten I was running out of ideas by the end of the day, but we did have fun! If you have never had a no TV day I would suggest doing it we will be doing it more often!!


Side note: I have to share these pictures because they crack me up! Look at he position Emeri got herself into at the grocery store today! ... She was just relaxing at first and then realized she was stuck and kind of starting freaking out! hahaha! 


LOVE HER! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are totally some of the busy bag exchange ideas. You better stop getting creative :) you should totally choose one if those when you sign up since you already have yours!! Such a fun day! I love those days of no tv. It makes you get creative which I don't always want to be!

    ReplyDelete