Monday, July 2, 2012

Father's Day Take 2

We went up American Fork Canyon on Saturday to hangout at a campground for the day! 
We started a new tradition last year where we go camping to celebrate Father's Day, but the overnight thing wasn't working for most of "the gang" this year so we just had a camp out for the day with my side of the family!
 We had a great time playing games, going on hikes, playing in the little creek, and getting really really really dirty! 
I'm glad my family is still making and keeping new traditions! 
This is one of my favorite traditions that we do with my dad every year!

Going hiking with Grandpa


Look how cute these girls are! : ) 

"Look mom, I fell down and got all dirty!"

Eating cookies!

Getting more dirty! Who knew a spoon and dirt could be so fun? 

Love him!

Aden being a trooper! He was not feeling well! 

Playing in the freezing creek! 





Throwing rocks!



Look how good looking my husband is...! ; ) 

Just eating a HUGE piece of watermelon! 


Emeri and her walking stick! 

As you can tell we had a lot of fun! Emeri was so dirty by the end of the day that we had to give her a bath with wipes before we left, and because we got home late and just put her to bed without bathing her I had to throw her bedding in the wash as soon as she woke up because it was so dirty from her just sleeping! 
Once she was awake I had to wash her hair twice to get all the dirt out, I had to get the dish soap out to get the grease stains off her skin from falling in a bbq pit, and I have washed her clothes three times now! I'm hope they are salvageable I might just have to toss them! 
We love our family and we love spending time with them! : )
We are already looking forward to next years Father's Day camp out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment